Check your cortisol levels to see how you respond to exercise!
You will measure your cortisol:
1) Right before starting an exercise
2) Once exercise ends
3) 30 minutes after exercise ends
4) 60 minutes after exercise ends
5) 2 hours after exercise ends
A healthy cortisol should elevate in response to exercise and then rapidly return to baseline after exercise finishes.
This test will help you understand if you are over-training as one should exhibit:
- Healthy cortisol reserve
- Bump in cortisol in response to exercise
- Quick return of cortisol to baseline after exercise finishes